Grilling season is ramping up and you may be getting your grill ready for the first big get together of the year. There are surely 2 things going through your mind.
Make sure the grill is clean.
Make sure there aren't any left over bristles on the grates from the worn out brush you have been using.
Below we have listed a few options and tips to making sure that you don't end up on the evening news.
- If you want to continue using bristle brushes try to avoid the plastic or wood handle options. Instead, opt for a brush with the bristles intertwined into the stainless steel handle like the one pictured below. The grease, water and weather break down the plastic and wood handle brushes and this is when you encounter issues of the bristles falling out.
- Even if you choose to use one of these brushes, check it and replace it regularly to make sure that you are always using the product in its safest state.
- Cast iron grates = brass bristle brush
- Stainless steel grates = stainless steel bristle brush
- If you want to avoid bristles all together take a look at these options below.
Q-Swiper - a brillo pad with food safe replaceable cleaning cloths. For cold use only.
Nylon bristle brush - same great cleaning ability of a bristle brush without the worry of little metal slivers. For cold use only.
Grill floss - Think dental floss for your stainless steel grates.
Wooden scrappers.- form fitted to your grates using heat. these are some of the best options on the market.
These are just a few other options but we have many more in store to check out.
Keep an eye on your brush and make sure that your next time grilling is memorable for the right reasons.