Sunterra 48" Santa Maria Dual Wheel Grill With Cart
Sunterra Outdoor and the BBQ Pit Boys offers one of the best Santa Maria-style barbecue grills, a culinary tradition celebrated by backyard professional pit masters everywhere.
Santa Maria-style barbecue is a regional culinary tradition rooted in the Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County on the Central Coast of California. This method of barbecuing dates back to the mid-19th century and is today regarded as a mainstay of California culinary heritage. Santa Maria-style barbecue centers around a beef tri-tip, seasoned with black pepper, salt, and garlic salt before grilling over coals of native coast live oak, often referred to as 'red oak' wood, preferred for authentic Santa Maria style BBQ, but any cooking woods or charcoals will work with excellent results.
All of our Santa Maria BBQ grills are heavy duty in construction. By combining 3/16" gauge steel & fire brick for the side walls, including (3/16") heavy gauge material for the grill base floor, our design offers a new standard for construction and heat dispensation that will provide a long-lasting product and hassle-free barbecuing. Our larger sizes reflect a (1/4") heavy gauge material for the grill base floor. All Sunterra Outdoor Santa Maria grills feature ceramic fire bricks that create heat retention and distribution on the side walls.
Santa Maria grills with Fire Brick floor roll down to about 5" above firebrick (3" to 4" above coals)
Sunterra Outdoor and the BBQ Pit Boys Santa Maria Grill is for the BBQ Grill master that loves to cook and entertain on the Creme de la Creme in the Argentine style.
- Thickness - Grill base floor and side walls heavy gauge 3/16" steel
- Thickness - Side walls: include fire brick
- Width: 48" (Overall 74" includes both shelves)
- Depth: 24" (Overall 29" includes handles)
- Height: 60 3/4" (Overall 66 1/4" to the top of flywheel)
- Height Firebox: 12"
- Weight: 570.5 lbs.
- 760.5 SQ. in. Cooking Surface (2 grates each - 19.5" x 19.5")
- Finish: Charcoal
- Flywheel Assembly Finish Option: Red
- Crate size: 56"L x 37"W x 48"H (unassembled - build cart & place firebox onto cart)
- Crate weight: 667 Lbs
- Manufactured with Heavy Gauge Steel
- Double Door Swing Out or Single Door Swing Down and Split Grate
- Fire bricks included for heat retention and distribution
- Three Step metal and finish process with 1200 degree Paint
- Heavy Duty dual flywheel assembly w/cool to the touch handles.
- 1000 lbs stainless steel aircraft cable. Raises & lowers V channel grates
- V channel grates are inverted and slopped to the front of the grill to catch fats & juices to reduce flare-up
- Wood and Lump Charcoal Fuel
- Sliding Damper System w/cool to the touch handles.
- Slide out V channel Fuel Grates
- Removable Drip Tray
- Cart System w/Heavy Duty Expanded Metal Shelf
- Four Heavy Duty Casters w/two locking wheels